On May 17,
2018 we held our 12th annual NEBATYC Conversation at Northwestern Community College.
schedule from the day remains posted and photos from the day can be seen if you scroll down on this page.
Conversation 2018: Schedule of
All events take place in the Arts and Science
8:30 - 9:25: Registration and
Breakfast sponsored by HHMI BioInteractive
9:35: Welcoming Remarks– Rm 209
9:45 - 10:35: Session
1: Concurrent Conversations (select one)
10:45 – 11:20: Session 2: Coffee break
(sponsored by McGraw Hill) and Activity tables and Roundtable discussions -Atrium
- Life Science Speed Dating Rm 116
- Blood and the Cardiovascular System Rm 110
- Course-Embedded Undergraduate Research Experiences Rm 201
- Online Resources Rm 205
11:30 – 12:20: Session 3: Concurrent Conversations (select one)
12:30 – 2:00 Lunch sponsored by Pearson Education; Pick up your lunch in the Atrium and bring it to RM 209 for the Keynote
Presentation: Common Threads in the Curriculum: Weaving the Story of
Lactase through a Biology Department with HHMI BioInteractive"
- From Biology Major to Biology Career: A panel Discussion Rm 201
- Pestilence, Plagues and People: Rm 205
- Preparing Students for Success in Anatomy and
Physiology Rm 110
- Create a Growth Mindset in Your Course!
remarks, Rm 209 Raffle drawings & 2019 Host school announcement
If you want to attend in future years, be sure to sign up for our mailing